You want to build a positive relationship with your teen BUT whenever you ask them about their day it ends in a shouting match. Parent rage: 0. ADHD teenager: 1. Communicating with your teen really does go from zero to 100 in seconds.
You want your teen to be socially engaged in healthy relationships with peers but every time you suggest they invite their friends over, they roll their eyes so hard at you - you’re worried they’ve pulled a muscle. Their ADHD is driving a wedge in your relationship.
You want to empower your teen and teach them skills to manage their ADHD, and lead a happier safer life, but their inability to complete tasks .. often leaving you to finish them .. causes you frustration. Why is it you only get a response when you snap?
Hey, I’m Yasmin and I understand how heartbreaking it is when you watch your child struggle.
My program works – it’s built not just from my professional perspective as a qualified therapist working with stress and trauma.
But also from my mistakes and learning and sweat and tears of raising my own teen with ADHD and Dyslexia.
On top of that I am diagnosed with adhd, dyslexia and I have dyspraxia – I get first hand the negative impact it can have on your teens life if it is left to its own devices.
When You Join Build Better Bonds With Your Teen & their ADHD, Here’s What Happens:
Over the space of 6 weeks once you have purchased –
Six modules where I show you how to transform your relationship with your teen or tween in 42 days AKA Six Weeks.
Just practical steps with engaging tools and strategies to give you the results you have been hoping for - a better relationship with your teen & their ADHD.
I want to reinforce for you 100% percent belief in the possibility of change (without giving false hope or creating complacency).
1. Definition of ADHD
2. Traits & symptoms associated with ADHD
3. Causes of ADHD
4. Diagnosing and treating ADHD
5. Common misconceptions about ADHD
6. Strategies for living with ADHD
1. Overview of Polyvagal Theory
2. The nervous system and family dynamics
3. Managing eye rolling and door slamming.
4. Impact of words on your teen
5. Safety and connection in family interactions
6. How to build better bonding strategies
1. Overview of different sensory systems
2. Common activators in neurodivergent individuals
3. Creating stress less environments
4. Impact of overlooked stimuli
5.Mitigate stressful sensory experiences
6. Review and reflection on learning
1.Overview of a sensory processing profile
2. Impact of different sensitivities
3. Creating an effective sensory profile
4. Sensory profiles to improve family dynamics
5. Identifying overlooked stressors
6. Strategies to manage meltdowns/shutdowns
1. Non-Verbal Communication.
2. Recognising Nonverbal Cues.
3.Communication Tools For Different Needs
4.Listening Strategies for ND Families
5.The Power Of Choice
6. Using The 8 Senses For Co-regulation
1. Executive functioning & organisation
2. Managing Teen Impulsivity
3. Social skills - Identify strengths & weaknesses
4. Develop strategies for healthy friendships
5. Build communication & conflict skills
6. Connecting With Others Through Empathy
The Creative Counsellors 2022 Conference
The BACP Private Practice Conferance 2022