- The purpose of our “What’s Your State?” therapy card deck is to support teenagers, families and groups in recognising and managing emotions. Naming emotions and behaviours empowers young people and families to communicate their needs calmly and with clarity. Helping manage family blowouts by making healthy communication second nature.
- Build A Stronger Connection – Understanding drivers is the first step to improving connection and building better bonds. Through exploration and reflection improve communication and understanding. Our Polyvagal Framework therapy card deck is a therapy tool used as a family or individually under guidance of a safe adult.
- Grow Your Child’s’ Emotional Regulation Skills – Childhood and young adulthood are pivotal in developing wellbeing and mental health. The cards enable teenagers to discuss openly what matters to them most. Make uncomfortable conversations comfortable. Help your teenager thrive and become more socially engaged by teaching them how to explore and connect behaviours with emotions.
- Keeping Things Simple – We won’t bamboozle you with science jargon. Our cards visualise Dr Stephen Porges Polyvagal Theory, making learning of this theory accessible and fun for young people and families. Polyvagal Theory is a model which helps explain how our biology impacts our nervous system and behaviours.
This What’s My State? Polyvagal Teen® Card Deck Contains:
- 40 Unique Images
- 80 Image Cards In Total – one image with text the same image repeated without text.
- 3 Different Colour Coded State Cards
- Safe & Social Cards
- Mobilisation Cards
- Immobilisation Cards
- 5 Behaviour Cards
- Access to online community for support on how to use the game board and card deck when dealing with issues such as anxiety, depression, explosive anger, gaming, vaping whilst helping to build resilience.
- This card deck combined with our relating resources make Dr Stephen Porges Polyvagal Theory accessible to young people and teens.
- The colourful images support expression and exploration of emotions and behaviours without the need to verbalise.
- The Polyvagal Framework helps understand why and how our biology affects our thoughts, emotions and behaviours and why getting to know our nervous system is crucial for our wellbeing.
- The cards identify the different states we can switch through and helps explore how this impacts our nervous system and everyday relationships. Understanding this can help young people and families make better choices and form healthier connections.
- It can also empower parents and caregivers to compassionately and successfully support their child’s growth of emotional regulation and move them towards achieving their full potential.
- This deck can be used by young people, parents, therapists, caregivers, teachers, social support workers and any of the healing professions. In fact anyone who wants to find a way of getting to know their nervous system.